The Breakfast Warrior: Salmon and Chorizo Frittata

Ever since I realized that I can put my frying pan in the oven, I learned how to make frittata. I hate it when I have to flip an entire omelette for fear that the bottom will be burnt. But the idea of sprinkling cheese on top and letting that melt in the oven is just genius!

The ingredients in a frittata can really be anything. At first, I always think that it has to have potatoes. Sure, the classic ones do - potatoes and onions - but you can put anything savory into this. There should be an entire segment in a Donna Hay magazine just dedicated to frittatas and omelettes. Well, maybe they already did something like that, but hey, they should do it again.

Anyway, here's my recent favorite - salmon and chorizo. I searched for this on the internet and what crept up are either smoked salmon and chorizo or prawn and chorizo. I do have frozen prawns in my freezer but I wanted to use my fresh salmon fillet. And the result was just amazing!






What was in it - green bell pepper, onions, chorizo, salmon and cheese. I added dried parsley, salt and pepper. Baked it in the oven for 10mins until all the cheese have melted and the salmon just cooked at 180C. Yum! It was quite filling as well - good for breakfast and brunch. I've packed this up for lunch tomorrow too. Can't wait to eat this.



You might also like:
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments