Lemony Banana Olive Oil Cake from 101 Cookbooks

I love banana bread. I think it's one of the first things I learned how to bake when I was a teenager (not so long ago). The recipe I always use is from Mrs. Fields. To be honest, I still think it's one of the best out there. Sadly, I don't have the recipe here with me. I remember making banana breads and banana muffins from the same recipe. Of course, because it's a Mrs. Fields recipe, imagine the amount of butter and sugar it has. I've been trying to move away from sugar (with some success) and butter (the butter always wins here). Fortunately, olive oil is a healthier oil to bake with, so I used this Lemony Banana Bread recipe from 101 Cookbooks.

It's a good, moist and crumbly cake. I used a 9-inch springform cake pan and added 1/3 cup desiccated coconut and baked it for 40 mins in a 170C fan forced oven.


Comments