ORGNL: Baked Chicken with Lemon and Herbs de Provence

I remember when I first saw a jar of Herbs de Provence that my mom brought home years ago. Living in Manila and being raised with Chinese taste buds, I wasn't familiar with dried herbs. I opened the jar and smelled it, thinking - how can anyone cook with this stuff?? It was only when I started watching the cooking channel (Food Network) that I realized that we're letting this jar go to waste. The first dish I made with it was roast chicken. The flavors were great but my first roast chicken was a disaster! (But that's another story).

I thought of using it today only because I almost knocked it over, while looking around for my five spice powder. So for dinner tonight, I sprinkled this heady mixture of spices over some chicken thighs, sliced lemon and around 1/3 cup of white wine. Baked in a 160C oven for 1 hr, then 180C for 15mins.

A very nice winter dish!


Comments