On the Cheap: Kay's Chicken @ Hanaichi, QV Melbourne, Melbourne CBD

Kay's Chicken (AUD 9.80)
You don't have to be rich to have a decent lunch in the CBD area. Living in a food-loving city has its perks for sure and that is variety. I'm pretty sure that I can eat out for 6 months in a row and still have choices left.


However, when we can't eat like royalty, dining on the cheap side is the way to go. So, most people think Asian food when it comes to cheap food and there's no question why. Asian food is known to be served fast, hot and filling - Kay's Chicken at Hanaichi ticks all the boxes.

Granted I've been here several times when I used to work on this side of the city and I had my fair share of delicious eats here. I never had this one before as I always liked their curry and didn't actually think of trying anything else...until today.

M told me that this place served delicious fried chicken and I had my doubts. Really now? I had to accept the challenge so we trekked to QV from the posh side of Collins St. I hate to say this, but she was right. But of course, it is always a matter of personal taste. I like everything on it - chicken comes first, salad, rice then this salad on top - egg salad that is. I'm actually not sure if I like the salad (known as tar-tar sauce) but I think this being on top of the chicken and rice made me feel a bit weird. I like my egg salad where it usually is - inside a roll or a sandwich. But overall, the food is well-cooked and designed to fit the bill. Not too shabby.

  Hanaichi Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments