It's Been Too Long: Green Tea and Chocolate Glazed Baked Donuts

So it's been too looooong since my last post. Too long in fact that I started getting a bit scared about coming back and starting to write again. Since last year, I've been busy with a lot of family stuff and mostly job changes. I think I'm in a better position than I was a few months back and it gives me a sense of relief.

I realised over a few months and being busy is better than actually doing nothing. Or not being allowed to do something also hurts my morale. I'm glad I learned a lot from the situation and I definitely do not want to find myself in the same boat again.

Now that I've put that out of my system. Let's get down to business - baked donut business, that is. Can you believe that I only used my donut pan ONCE since I bought it? I know right? Something is seriously wrong and that's me! I corrected that today by making 2 different flavours of baked donuts.


 The original recipe is from Joy the Baker's Brown Butter Baked Donuts. In her post back in 2013, it was the first time she bought and cooked in her doughnut pan. It's safe to say that her recipe is still one of my favorites for its simplicity and deliciousness.


For the matcha donuts, I simply added 1 tablespoon of matcha powder. And to make the icing, I added 2 teaspoons of matcha powder instead of her cocoa powder. That's it.


Happy Easter Everybody! And it's so nice to be back!

Comments