Vegetable Terrine @ The Royal Host, Shinagawa, Tokyo

For our first meal in Japan, we went to Royal Host that is close to our hotel - Shinagawa Tobu Hotel.

It was a very simple meal because Mom and I wanted something light for dinner.

We each had their signature dish - the French Onion Soup, which I thought was light and hearty at the same time. And tasty too, surprisingly. The beefy flavor was definitely present and the stringy cheese with the soaked baguette was just right. Although I would prefer that the bread was not soaked in the soup. But hey, it was late so I'm not going to complain.


I was very amused and happy to eat this at a family style restaurant. This is their vegetable terrine, which is also their signature dish. It has, as you can see, any different layers of vegetables paired with a sour sauce (hardly a vinaigrette). It is very proper food and I would happily have another slice.


Finally, a simple mushroom salad.


Comments