Tonkatsu @ Tonkatsu Maisen Tokyu-Toyoko Restaurant, Shibuya, Tokyo

This is our last meal at Tokyo and the end of my trip to Japan. It has been a whirlwind of heat, wind and rain but I loved every minute of it. I will definitely want to come back again to see the cherry blossoms and witness autumn.

I've had Maisen before in Manila and guess what? The Maisen here is better! It had that extra crunch and flavor that I think the one in Manila lacked. And of course, Maisen is originally from Japan, so there you go :)

This was our starter - cold tofu with just a bit of ginger
scallions and soy sauce

I had a Japanese style Tonkatsu with sides of
grated radish and scallions

Mom's with curry sauce - I really liked the curry sauce here
Very unctuous and added that extra punch to the pork

Comments