Tempura @ Tenichi, Kyoto Station Isetan

For our stop at Kyoto Station, Mom and I navigated our way to Kyoto Isetan.

There was a crazy number of choices here and it is important to note that if the place is good, chances are, there is a long long queue. Most times, you will have to sit there and wait for your turn and they are quite efficient. And a mental note to don't ever leave the line or you will have to queue up again - not that that actually happened to us on this trip.

So we set our hearts and stomachs on Tenichi and I think this is our only tempura stop on this entire trip.

Needless to say that the tempure here is decent but not spectacular. I like the light tempura batter and you won't taste anything oily at all. It has a light crunch but not mind blowing. One thing that I learned here is that they also dip their fried food in curry powder which you will see in the set meal picture below.

The dish I enjoyed the most was the fried minced seafood tempura that has loads of minced fresh prawns. I can just eat this and forget about the rest!


Prawn Tempura with fish and vegetables

Our set meal

Fried minced seafood with vegetables

Comments