Chicken Katsu and Tonkotsu Ramen @ Bamiyan, Kappabashi Asakusa, Tokyo

Because I really really wanted to buy a vegetable knife at Kappabashi, we found ourselves here. I believe that this street needs some improvement in terms of having more cafes and restaurants around the area. Mom and I came directly here after taking an afternoon nap. Surprisingly, there was nothing interesting to eat here. Once we reached the other end of the street, there was this restaurant on the 3rd level of a public library. I thought it was an odd place for a restaurant. Since it was the only one we could find, we went in anyway.

Mom had the Tonkotsu Ramen, which I thought was very decent but I liked the chicken katsu waaaay better. If there is only one thing you'll have at this place, do try it.


Thumbs up for me! Bamiyan's Chicken Katsu

A side of dumplings were just ok

Comments