End of FY, Let's Celebrate!

Well, it was just me and R wanted to celebrate the end of FY. There were a few more things to celebrate and be thankful for - like still having to keep our jobs, for instance - so we thought we'd splurge a bit and went to  Meat Fish Wine for a nice meal.

We had their oysters (AUD 30 for 6 oysters) and a $39 express lunch. I thought that the dishes were decent overall but there was nothing overly spectacular about them. For my 2 courses, I had the slow poached egg with a bacon dressing. Of course, you can't do anything wrong with bacon anyway, so the dressing got a thumbs up for me.




Meat Fish Wine Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato




As for the fish, I had the John Dory with beans and an herb crust. I know this looked a bit dreary and very simple. I thought this dish fell short of its full potential because the crust was very very salty. I ended up drinking a lot of water when I went back to the office. The overall look was a let down and the dish did not live up to its standards.



Comments