Brunch Out At Deko Boko, Bridge Rd, Richmond

I've passed by Deko Boko numerous times now and have read a few blogs that really had good reviews about it. For some reason, A and I are Japanese food lovers - that and the fact that I am still in my Japanese anime craze is of no surprise why I pretty much only have all things Japanese on the brain. I've been trying to cook simple Japanese food like teriyaki chicken, omurice and beef curry. I have to admit that I have these 3 things pretty much spot on but that's for another post ;)

Now, I know that Japanese, especially ramen, places have sprouted around the city and everywhere else. It is all the rage and is super trendy food these days. I still think that a few ramen houses really stand out like Hakata Gensuke and I am unabashedly one of their loyal fans until otherwise. When A and I passed by Deko Boko, we looked at the menu that seemed pretty standard for a Japanese place, but we were in for a treat.


Deko Boko Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


I had the miso laksa (~AUD 12) which was quite odd but surprisingly light and not too sweet in taste. I thought it was a very good balance of miso and curry and was creative to begin with. Though I often prefer my ramen soup to be on the creamier side, it was the right decision to pipe down on the richness of the soup. Some people will find this very bland, especially if you were after a very tasty meaty hearty ramen dish. This dish is also vegetarian but it did not leave me hungry. It was just right.

Also, please do not leave this place without trying their matcha or green tea latte. This was one of the best ones I've had (the next one was Tana Cafe in Hawthorn which I frequently go to). Another thing is their cakes. There is someone in the cafe that makes cakes non-stop so it can be guaranteed that the cakes are made fresh everyday. The one I had below was a Hojicha Caramel Poire (AUD 7). It was very light and not too sweet.




Comments