Birthday Bash @ Hinoki Japanese Pantry, Fitzroy

Ladies and gentlemen, I have found my new favorite place. But also, this is a bit far from where I live. I do believe that it won't stop me from taking the trip there once in a while. This small Japanese pantry is overly famous for this sushi and sashimi. I think mostly for its value for money and also because the food here is fresh.

My recent addiction is aburi sushi - which is also known as "torched" sushi. This will imbibe a subtle charred flavor to the sushi only to be followed by another fresh bite. It's a subtle difference but it has an incredible mouth feel.

For my birthday bash, my cousin's family, along with my godson (who was asleep the whole time that we were there), had the following shown in the pictures below. Everything was fresh and made in house. And they did not skimp on the sushi pieces either. Would love to have a plate of this on a warm summer day at the park. Brilliant!


And a close up shot of each one, just to make us all salivate...

Hinoki Japanese Pantry Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


This one below is the Aburi Mix (AUD ~14)


Sushi Sashimi Large Platter (AUD 52)


Nose Maki Mix (AUD ~14)


Comments