Nostalgic Noodle @ Ling Nam, Banawe, Quezon City

Coming back home is not complete without paying a visit to my childhood restaurants. Though many of them have closed down, I will always remember the taste and the ambiance. I miss the old diners like Happy Burger and Pinky Pop, which sadly will never be passed down to future generations. 

Somehow, old Chinese noodle places like these have expanded to venues outside of Chinatown and the ambiance has changed for the better. The one here in Banawe is always busy and consistent. The siomai I have over here tasted exactly the same like when I was 6 years old. Back then, I never really appreciated any of it. But now, after living for a while in Melbourne, the siomai here tastes delicious! And I'm somehow glad that some things never change. 

Granted, this is not the best one around but for me, it brings back so many memories of having a bowl of this noodle and sitting beside my aunties, uncle, cousins and grandparents - having a laugh or just plain sitting quietly and slurping away - the memories along with this bowl of noodle is something you can't put a price tag on.

Wanton Noodles (Php 160), Siomai 2 pcs (Php 70).


Ling Nam Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments