A Local Favorite @ Green Pastures, Shangri-La Mall, Ortigas

I'm not really sure how to classify this restaurant. Even though they serve food from different cuisines, they use all the local ingredients they could find and you can taste it in the food. I really adore this creative, busy, little restaurant. No wonder it is such a big hit. Given the choice, I will always choose to come to this place for a good meal. 

I admit it is a bit pricey, but if you are after a decent meal, this place should be on your list and you will get your money's worth (if you're in the area, that is). For starters, we had the Farmhouse salad to share (Php 595). The dressing was just right and it did not weigh down the delicate greens. The combination of the corn, cherry tomatoes, mango and pancetta was just spot on. I can just have this salad and leave with a happy tummy.

Green Pastures Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - ZomatoNext, we decided to have the All Amatriciana to share (Php 650). I like the pasta sauce here. This is something that I would cook for myself at home. The tomato sauce is pungent and sweet without being too salty. It is a hearty, simple pasta that is satisfying and flavorful.
On the right side, that is my cousin wrapping a piece of Korean pork shoulder with rice for us. We had the Korean Organic Pork Shoulder DIY Wrap (Php 1500). It said on the menu that it was good for 3-4 but believe me it could feed more. The pork was very tender and I love the kimchi. It was a bit spicy but I liked it nonetheless. It also had oysters on the board, which I found odd but they were fresh anyway.





Comments