Touch Down @ Cafe de Bonifacio, The Podium, Ortigas Center

For those of you who are wondering why I've disappeared (yet again), I'll try to keep it short - I'm in Manila! Yup! It feels strange to be back after a few years now and with a different passport. Sure enough, my family is really thrilled and I hope that they won't kick me out anytime soon ;)

It seems like life has a very very different plan from me. A number of years ago, I'm always looking to get away from home and now, guess what? It's brought me back to where I came from. And to tell you the truth, I don't mind it at all. For now, at least :)

On touch down and settled into my hotel, my family came over to see me. We went to The Podium for a quick dinner and of course, I wanted Filipino food. That's all I'm thinking about. The kare-kare (oxtail stewed in peanut sauce), pinakbet (local vegetables stir fried in a local fish paste and sometimes with coconut), binagoongan with lechon kawali (deep fried pork belly with again, the infamous fish paste) and lots lots more.

Cafe de Bonifacio was the easiest choice (well, the only choice around there) but I think the food there is quite decent. And I enjoyed the kare-kare, among other things.

I'm sorry to say that we were too hungry and was not able to take a shot of the kare-kare before everyone devoured it.

Binagoongang Bagnet Php 255
Deep fried pork belly with bagoong sauce


Embutido Php 298
Ground pork rolled in pork casing and fried
Crispy catfish Php 385

Palitaw Php 80
Rice cake patties filled with purple yam paste and rolled in grated sweet coconut


Cafe De Bonifacio Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments