Delicious Modern Japanese @ OOMA Japanese Rice Bar, SM Megamall, Ortigas

Ladies and gentlemen, if I have to name one place that I'd like to come back to for food here in Manila, this is it - OOMA Japanese Rice Bar. It is everything I'd look for in a restaurant - delicious food, good ambiance, good service. Take note that I find the food here inventive and mouth watering. I would go as far as to say that if this place were to open a shop in Melbourne, people will be queuing up from lunchtime til the late hours of the night. I almost never return to the same place twice here in Manila (except maybe for coffee shops) but in a span of just one week, I came here twice and was never disappointed. Trust me, you have to visit this place if you ever fly by Manila.

Ooma Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato So what did we have? My sis and I decided to order their infamous taco maki. We had the lapu-lapu (Php 220) version and the soft shell crab version (Php 199). This reminded me a lot of the sushi taco back at Mr Miyagi. Sure, Mr Miyagi's sushi taco is more refined but this one was not bad either. I really liked the 2 flavors. If I had to choose one, I would go for the spicy lapu lapu again. Just a note to mayonnaise haters, I don't think you'll like this. Some would like that the mayo is too much but I think it added a touch of umami to the taco maki.

On the right side is the Scallop and Tuna Aburi Maki (Php 295). The top of the raw fish was blow torched to give it that charred flavor which I really like in the sushis. It will leave a nice sear on top without tarnishing the freshness of that perfect bite.

Just because there weren't enough, sis and I decided to try one of their desserts. We had the lime and coconut panna cotta (Php 220). A few first bites will make you feel this combination is a bit odd but soon it will grow on you. It was a light and refreshing end to plates of tasty sushi.




Comments