Best Gyoza in the World? @ Osha Ohsho, SM Megamall, Ortigas

While I'm quite amazed with the number of food choices here in Manila, most of them as you noticed by now, are actually Japanese. Mom noticed this place in SM Megamall a few weeks ago that specializes in gyoza. They claim to be the best gyoza but as we all know, taste is really a matter of perspective. I'm quite excited to try this place since I'm a fan of the gyoza from Taipei and the fried dumplings from Shandong Mama on Bourke Street. Mom, sis and I ordered the Ebi Tempura Fuwatoro Tenshin Han set for Php 695. It claimed to be good for 2 people but it was just right for the 3 of us. We also ordered an extra original gyoza to share (Php 180 for 6 pieces) and the bacon wrapped salmon from their Teppanyaki Festival (Php 370).

I really liked the omurice served with the tempura. I found that part interesting and the egg was fluffy on top. I think the sauce needed a little improvement. It reminded me too much of a Chinese cornflour enhanced soy sauce than anything else. Not sure what it was supposed to be.

Osaka Ohsho Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato As for the gyoza, is it the best in the world? I don't think so. The skin, although thin, was too thin that it fell apart when we tried to separate the dumpling from each other. The filling was quite nice and the pork was ground finely. I also liked that it didn't have too much ginger in it and not too salty. I also prefer to be a little bit more charred for the gyoza to get crunchy.




Comments