At Another's Table: My Uncle's Delicious Turbo Broiled Chicken on Moving Day

Do you want to know why my cousin is a good cook? Because his dad (my uncle) is also an awesome cook. Although my cousin has his own distinct style, my uncle's style is one that I'll always recognize to be homegrown. They recently moved house, which according to my cousins was a very daunting task. And I do believe them. Imagine moving over 30 years worth of memories to a new apartment - it must be both painful and wonderful.

To celebrate their moving day, a feast is in order! Just look at the amazing spread of so many delicious things on our table! From the top clockwise - Turbo Broiled Chicken, Curry Chicken Pop, Steamed Prawns, Stewed Pig Hearts, Pancit Bihon, Lechon Kawali, Fried Fish with Garlic Soy and Coriander Sauce. The middle dish is a Chicken and Veggie Casserole.


The lone picture you see there of the turbo broiled chicken is my absolute favorite dish. I always tell my uncle to make it for me (even though he already gave me his secret recipe for the marinade). I know it will never taste the same if I make it. His version of this chicken is what I've grown up eating over the years. It brings back a lot of childhood memories, especially fights with my cousins over who gets the last piece of chicken!



Comments