A Miso Ramen Experience @ Kichitora of Tokyo, SM Megamall, Ortigas

For a night out with my sister, we went to Kichitora at SM Megamall. Granted it should be just another ramen place but to be honest, I enjoyed this one very much.

For some reason, I really like the deep flavor of miso in ramen soup bases. I think it adds another dimension of flavor that can sometimes be too overpowering. Thinking back on my Ikkoryu Fukuoka experience, I should just pretty much stay away from miso soup bases but I decided to give this one another try.

The menu at Kichitora is very simple and straightforward so I'm hoping that they should get the few good things right in a ramen. First off, sis and I were craving for some veggies so we had a simple chicken salad - which is also the only salad option they have on their menu. It was very simple that it was easy to mess up, but they did it well. What I didn't like were those crunchy bits on top. I'd prefer they use nuts or pumpkin seeds.


I had the Hokkaido Miso Ramen (Php 395) that convinced me that miso ramen can be done well. The soup base was light but deep with miso flavor without being too salty or overpowering. I also liked the toppings here at Kichitora the best out of all the other ramen restaurants that I had - from the "real" bamboo shoots to the roasted char siu slices. Thumbs up!


Kichitora Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments