A Korean Dinner Affair @ Jang Ga Nae, Ortigas, Pasig City

Everyone loves kimchi in my family. I'm not sure why either. Some people get easily put off by the smell or the acidity or the spiciness but we love it whenever we have Korean food. In an effort to find one in the Ortigas area, we ended up at Jang Ga Nae. They were pretty packed on a Sunday night (this was also Valentine's Day) but we were lucky enough to get table for 8 people. This view was when all the appetizers/sides were served and I managed to take a shot before everyone devoured into each little dish. One plus in this place was that they always have a cold bottle of iced tea (unsweetened) on the table to get us ready for the spicy food that we were about to have. Of course, the kimchi was our favorite and we kept asking for extras to have with our grilled meats.

Jang Ga Nae Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - ZomatoThe menu here was quite extensive and I like your normal galbi chim or jap chae. For tonight though we were eating light, so we had a few grilled beef slices (Php 560), a spicy kimchi tofu soup (Php 900), a bowl of kimchi fried rice and their seafood pancake (Php 350). My favorite dish was the spicy tofu and seafood soup. I was sweating buckets after having 3 small bowls of it but I just couldn't stop! I wished that the weather suited for it aside from that, no complaints there. I also liked the seafood pancake here. It was fluffy on the inside and crunchy on the outside. The seafood and vegetable filling was just right and not too salty.


As for the grilled meat, I thought that the beef was sliced too thin. The beef slices were sticking to the grill and was a bit overcooked by the time it reached our plates.




Comments