A Japanese Dinner @ Izakaya Kikufuji, Little Tokyo, Legaspi Village, Makati

Let me tell you a few things about my family - we love to travel and eat - especially Japanese food. And I think I know why. It's my mom's fault. She loves all things Japanese, owing to her time spent studying and traveling to Japan while she was still in college. She brought all of that with her and we all love Japanese food now. The thing though is that she likes Japanese food that is authentic - none of that Tempura or Teriyaki Boy stuff and the same goes with the rest of my family. You know me, I'm a bit more on the adventurous side but when I stay with mom, we stick with mom's rules...sometimes :).

For this night, she took us a Japanese place on Little Tokyo. I never knew this place existed in Makati but I think it's a nice little area for Japanese food lovers. In this izakaya, the menu was written all in Japanese but the ladies were nice enough to explain the items that are unfamiliar to you. We pretty much knew what we wanted so it was easy for us to order from the menu.

I did find the place a bit shabby but the sushi and sashimi were very fresh and at a good price. We all got to try a lot of different varieties of raw fish and enjoyed that very much. My favorites were still the tuna and salmon, my family loved the hamachi.

Sushi Mori Tokumori 30 pieces Php 2.050
Sashimi 9 kinds Php 1,100

A tempura platter (Php 405) and kani cream Korokke (Php 220)



Izakaya Kikufuji Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments