What Have I Done: 2015

So there goes another year! And it is time to do a recap of what I have done for this year. Honestly, this year has been a roller coaster with several highs and lows but I loved every minute of it.

There are a few things that I maintained like stayed offline on Facebook - granted I signed in a few times when someone in my family would ask me to check something out then deactivate it again. I really didn't miss it.

Last year was a big year for me. I'm not sure if anything else will be able to top it but then we'll never know :) 2014 had been really about my extremely supportive family and my close circle of friends here. There were moments when I thought I couldn't pull through - but miraculously I did - with them by my side, cheering for me.

Here's the list of things that I've done, tried doing and learned in 2015:

1. Sushi Taco is the bomb! Loved it in this year's Noodle Night Market in Melbourne.
2. Had one of my best times and trips of my life in the US with my auntie and her family. I can't believe how many delicious food is out there in this world! I really like to travel and eat.
4. Spent some needed quality time with my mom here in Melbourne and Fiji. I learned a lot from her. We talked a lot about family and work, well, mostly that. I learned a few new things about my mom and appreciated her strength and the meaning of working hard then reaping the rewards.
5. I'm STILL into the Japanese anime fever, perhaps no surprise there! I have a few new favorites now like Noragami and LeLouch of the Rebellion.
6. As for exercising, I added a new Saturday routine called Booty Barre. Seriously, this one kicks butts! I noticed that my body became toner after a few months. If you see the results, you will want to go back and get your tooshy whipped.
7. Our family officially had our first baby from our generation of kids care of my cousin here in Australia. And I'm his godmother :) I really love my little godson, he is still so cute and tiny and I always want to hold him and carry him around. I try as much as possible to help out whenever I visit them.
8. My trip to Hong Kong was another highlight of my year. I love the city and how it comes alive in the night. This made me realize how much I missed travelling and I've decided to hit the world twice every year.
9. Over the last few months, I've focused my energy on an old love - colored pencil drawing. I was initially planning to enroll in a few classes but in the end, I took the courage to start off myself and slowly improved from then on. Of course, my biggest fans was my family. I always ask for their opinion after a piece. And I also took inspiration from the anime series that I watch along with some food and travel photography. Still a long way to go!
10. Over the past year, I've gained my self-respect and motivation back. I also felt valued as a member of my team as opposed to how it was in 2014. I've recovered my confidence back at work and I like the environment that I work in now. I know nothing lasts forever so better to make the most of it.
11. I've added chiropractor sessions on a monthly basis which is helping my body a lot especially with the amount of desk job that I do. I'm surprised by how much it relieves the tension in my body. I think its probably better than a deep tissue massage.
12. I've been slacking on cooking lately and devoted myself to making easy home cooked meals. I also started cooking some Japanese meals at home like tonkatsu and Japanese chicken curry. I just have to reduce my rice intake which is not too hard on my part.
13. The key thing for me in my social life is about letting go. I admitted that a few things have added to my stress (that is not related to work). If I think about it now, I still feel a bit edgy. I guess it was a bit difficult to put you responsible for another person and I've decided that I have to bear the consequences if I decided not to manage it. Again, I am willing to provide support but it has come to a point that I can't handle it any longer. Letting go is a huge part of learning and maturity. Part of it is also around choosing my battles. I can't win all the time, which means I will lose some.

Comments