Sweet Tooth @ Magnolia Bakery, Midtown East, New York

You know I love sweets and I have always been ever since I can remember. If it's not for my aunt's constant warning for me to stay away from them due to health reasons, I would have all the cake I wanted. I guess I will have to find another way to put the sweet into my diet this year.

That aside, whenever I think of sweets, I always think of Magnolia Bakery in New York. They aside from their cakes and cupcakes, they are notoriously famous for their banana pudding. Yes, people. Banana pudding. We don't have that here in Australia...yet.

The banana pudding below is the smallest pot (USD 3.50), the lime cheesecake (USD 7), the red velvet cupcake (specialty cupcakes are USD 3.75) and the vanilla cupcake with chocolate frosting (USD 3.50). We also had a peach specialty cupcake that I can't seem to find in my archives but that was one of the best cupcakes that I've had in a while.

So the banana pudding had sponge cake, cream and layers of fresh banana in it. Most desserts like these they usually put a lot of custard and essence to bump up the flavour but this one was very light and indulgent. It's like eating clouds and clouds of banana flavoured goodness. If you happen to pass by this bakery, make sure to try it.

And don't forget to turn up early, the line can be crazy.




Magnolia Bakery Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments