At Another's Table: New Year's Eve 2015 and New Years Day 2016

Happy New Year!!!

Whenever I go to my cousin's place, I can always have a good meal. He is a good cook and he never measures or follows a recipe. He cooks based on his taste buds and of course, his heart.

Mom and I spent New Year's Eve and New Year's Day at their place, with their new born baby (also my godson). He is currently 2 months old. I always said that he likes a very indulgent life, pooping, eating, crying and sleeping (not necessarily in that order). Nonetheless, he is a happy baby and a very welcome addition to our family.

On New Year's Eve, we had Korean beef stew, Satay Salmon Fish Head Soup and and Baked Tilapia with tomato and red onions. The fish head and tilapia were very fresh and succulent. We had the beef ribs with rice vermicelli which was my favorite dish of the night but everything, of course, was good.




On New Year's Day, my cousin made fresh lettuce and peas, whole cooked prawns with marie rose sauce and the pièce de résistance - the lamb shoulder cooked with rosemary, thyme and garlic, you won't need a fork or knife for this, a spoon will do.




Comments