Love NOLA Food @ Pierre Maspero's, French Quarter, New Orleans

I think the only place to have Cajun/Creole food is New Orleans. That's it. No one does it better than the people here. It is tasty and it has soul. I had to admit though that the food was salty but maybe its partly because of the seasoning that they combine together. Still, I can say that I probably will not be able to eat this type of food everyday (like Indian food) but when you're here in NOLA, you just gotta!

Pierre Maspero's was very close to where we were staying and on our first day, we went there to try the local cuisine.

First off, the crab cakes (~ USD 12-15) were amazing! I really loved them. The crab cake was just packed with crab with very little extender - maybe just egg. If I were extremely hungry, I would have devoured the whole dish.

On the right, is their fabulous crawfish etouffee. This is essentially roux simmered with seafood and crispy crawfish on top. This was our favorite dish. The soupy dish was just too delicious, we polished the whole thing off.


On the right was Fried Alligator. Hmm, first time having alligator meat, I can really say that it tastes like chicken! So technically, they were breaded and seasoned chicken strips then deep fried with Creole sauce. I liked them with a bit of lemon better.

On the left is their Jambalaya. It's kind of like gumbo but with rice. This one was also tasty and cooked with sausage and some seafood. You can see the ingredients in the soup which means they were not cooked to death. With its French/Spanish influences, I think this dish captures the spirit of NOLA perfectly.



Original Pierre Maspero's Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments