Light Lunch @ Shandong Mama, Midcity Arcade, Bourke Street, Melbourne CBD

A nice quick lunch at Shandong Mama is in order today. I miss Chinese/Taiwanese food and always on the look out for delicious dumplings in this food loving city. I think this one really fits the bill quite well. The dumplings were nicely named as Melbourne Boiled Dumplings (AUD 14.80). It's a nice combination of seafood and chicken mince with lemon and parsley. A rather unusual filling for a dumpling but I think it captures the fresh taste very well.

I also liked the side dishes that they had along with the dumplings. With dumplings as the main, I think a cold cut dish should go well here. I missed the boiled sliced beef back home in Manila, so I ordered this one when I came across it on their menu. The sliced beef (AUD ~ 11-12) was thin and still held its shape. What I liked about this was the vinegar dressing. Very sharp and sour. It went well with the hot and silky dumplings.


Shandong Mama Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments