Ladies Lunch @ Rosa's Kitchen, Punch Lane, Melbourne CBD

A Christmas lunch with the ladies is called for after a long time. Note that we've been planning this for months in advance. Finding a time in our busy schedules was not easy at all. We had to move it once because of our office Christmas party and now, it's time to enjoy ourselves with a delicious meal. Thinking back on my first days in Melbourne, I learned to love laneways. The first one I remembered that really impressed me was Degraves Street. That's where Rosa's Canteen was. I had my first bite of antipasto and fell in love with the freshness of the vegetables and also, how warm my heart (and stomach) felt after sampling a dish made with care. 
Today, though, is not anything less than what I had that day. The antipasto (AUD 23) was still very impressive and delicious. I wished I had all of it for my lunch. Maybe I will next time :)

The main looked spectacular but however, the calamari (AUD 27.5) itself was not too nice. I was expecting it to be more tender - it was a bit rubbery. The seafood breadcrumb filling was tasty but it didn't make up for the rubbery calamari. The marinated zucchini also fell a bit short of salt.




Rosa's Kitchen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments