Tonkichi Tonkastu Seafood @ 10/F 100 Canton Rd, Tsim Tsa Tsui, Hong Kong

Aside from myself, my mom loves to eat as well, there's no doubt about it. Her main cuisine is Japanese (like my sister, who also loves Japanese food). Hong Kong is not foreign to Japanese tourists and it's interest in this cuisine is actually quite evolved.

I've actually never been to a restaurant that just serves tonkatsu. Most times, tonkatsu is just supposed to be a simple dish to do but sadly, not every joint gets this. From my very limited tonkatsu experience, it is just fried pork but here at Tonkichi, it takes tonkatsu to a different level.

Thinking back, the taste of pork as really "clean" and juicy. There was no gaminess to the meat and it was not salty at all. You were supposed to use all the sauces that they provided but I'm pretty happy with just the natural taste of the tonkatsu.


We chose a platter of tonkatsu with all the different cuts of pork, prawn and oysters. The seafood actually came second as the real hero was the pork.

If you're a fried food lover, I recommend you give this a shot the next time you're in Hong Kong. I know I will.


Comments