Spicy Tonkatsu Ramen @ Mr. Ramen San, Midcity Arcade, Melbourne CBD

Melbourne is in a ramen craze at the moment. I personally love Hakata Gensuke in the city (I have yet to try the one here in Hawthorn). Another ramen place worth a shot is Mr Ramen San.

First off, I really like the fit out of this place. It really reminded me of a hole-in-the-wall, family owned place where the dad and mom cook the ramen and the kids serve them. You know what I mean. It is quaint without being ostentatious. Their menu is very straightforward and you can choose your soup. The place is not very crowded either for a normal weekday meal and I am glad for it.

I like the soup but I don't love it. It has enough spice in there to not blow your head off. The best part of the spicy tonkatsu ramen (AUD 13.80) for me was the char-siu, I thought it was better than HG. A nice touch to it was the bamboo shoots, it added an extra layer of flavour and crunch.

Overall, it is a decent ramen place.


Mr. Ramen San Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments