Dumpling Haven @ Shanghai Street Dumpling, Little Bourke St, Melbourne CBD

Let's talk dumplings. There are plenty of decent ones in the city so what makes this one special? Hmmm, let me say this. There are good dumplings and bad dumplings. This place is pretty decent in my book. There is always a queue here at lunch time and you can understand the frenzy that people go through just to grab a seat here. Actually, the place is quite small, which sort of explains why it is so busy, but you also have to realise that places like this in the city does not last long if it is just about the hype. They have to serve decent food as well.



Their most popular dishes here are their soup dumplings (xiao long bao) and their fried mini pork buns. M and I had the mini pork buns (AUD 9.50) and the dumplings in chili oil (AUD 9.00). Honestly, I like the dumplings better than the pork buns and THAT is saying something. The dumpling skin was light and not doughy. The fact that they were swimming in a soup just makes it awesome in a way because the weather that day was freakin' cold.

For the first timer, it's definitely worth to try the mini fried pork buns at least once just to experience it, then just head straight for the dumplings next time. I found the pork buns quite heavy, oily and well, just too much. I always say that it's a matter of personal taste but I will skip this the next time I'm here.

Shanghai Street Dumplings Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments