Best Beignets Ever! @ Cafe Du Monde, Decatur Street, New Orleans

I've always dreamed about having beignets under the New Orleans sun while listening to the boys play jazz on the square. Well, it didn't go exactly like that when I was in NOLA but I did have some awesome beignets. And the best place to get them is at Cafe Du Monde - nowhere else. I know that this place does seem a bit hyped up with all the tourists and granted that it is not the friendliest cafe in the world. But this place is about efficiency. You can order your nice sweet frozen latte with hot beignets in a little under 5 minutes. That's service for you!



So how are these beignets? Well, let me tell you that I've had beignets here in Melbourne from different restaurants. They were not exactly bad or average but just different. Just different from the way they make it here at the cafe. These are light, crunchy but still very doughy on the inside. There is a chewiness that is not off-putting and of course, smothered with powdered sugar is always the way to go. Pair this with an iced cold frozen latte on a hot day and it is just perfect. I honestly can eat this everyday for breakfast and maybe a late night snack. Mmmm....


Café Du Monde Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments