Yardbird Southern Table and Bar @ The Strip, Las Vegas

We are starving and we are in Las Vegas. With countless options to choose from and with an empty stomach, we made our way to YardBird Southern Table and Bar.

At this point during my trip to the US, I was already exhausted but my body refused to calm down. I am, after all, in one of the most outrageous cities in the world and I'm definitely up for seeing what it has to offer - food-wise.

For our first night there, I was craving for something sinful (Sin City, get it?), so something deep fried was it. YardBird claimed to be the second best (or was it first runner up) fried chicken in this taste so I'm pretty sure it should deserve its honor. We tried to order all the specialties on the menu plus some that we liked and filled our tummies to the brim.



Yardbird Southern Table & Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato



On the drinks side, I had two (and why not?). I had the Blackberry Bourbon Lemonade and this other one, well, I can't remember. But I liked it better than the lemonade.



For starters we had the cauliflower mash ($9) and macaroni and cheese ($10).

Deviled Eggs ($10) and Fried Green Tomato BLT ($14). I really liked the fried green tomatoes on the BLT with pork belly. It was a bit of an unusual combination.


For other items, we had the Crispy Chicken Biscuits with Pepper Jelly ($14). I really liked the chicken in this one but not the biscuits. They were too doughy and not flaky enough.

Chicken 'N' Watermelon 'N' Waffles ($36). Oh! That chicken can definitely run...Admittedly I had better but this was very very close. I couldn't stop eating and by the end of the meal, I can't eat another bite anymore and wished and they had a wheelbarrow to get me out of there.

Comments