Oh That Dosa! @ Chilli Padi, Melbourne Central, Melbourne CBD

When I first had my taste of potato dosa, I was hooked. I wished my tummy was huge enough to have 3 or 4 big ones but I know I will regret it later.

Let me tell you why I love it. It is thin, crispy and comes with 3 different dipping sauces - a coconut sambal, a chilli pickled sambal and the sauce from butter chicken or any curry available on the menu. I know if you've been to India this is probably nothing but for someone like me who actually CANNOT make this at home, this is a real treat.



We shared a chilli cheese dosa today. It was the same as the first time I had it but this was admittedly a bit more Westernized. It tasted like an Indian quesadilla. The chicken biryani left my tummy in a hot mess after a few minutes but I'm okay now.

Chilli Padi has a really good reputation for very localized and authentic Indian food, so serving an excellent dosa is not unusual. I will be sorely disappointed if I came back after 5 years and the taste changed.

If you have an extra tummy to spare, have one of these dosas...you won't regret it!


Chilli India Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments