My Sunday Best: Slow Roasted Vegetables

Coming back from my holiday, I have to admit that I missed being in my kitchen. What I missed the most was to be able to create dishes that looked beautiful, sometimes healthy, and of course, delicious. I am amazed by how simple some of the food combinations and dishes were and that I made them myself.

On most days I will need some inspiration or a little push from other creative cooks and chefs. Some days are special, all it takes was just a walk in the sunshine or a visit to my local market. I pick up a few good wholesome ingredients and spend time in my own space.

slow roasted mushrooms, tomatoes, broccoli and green beans at 160C for over an hour, served with your choice of protein

A few Sundays ago, I had the day to myself. Aside from doing chores, I love love watching a lot of tv while reading cookbooks. But a girl's gotta eat. I had a few veggies in my crisper with very ripe tomatoes and chestnut mushrooms. Slow roasting vegetables is one of the best methods that I know of to intensify their flavors. At the end of a long long winter, the first of the spring sun finally shone through, I felt like it's the perfect time to put something bright and delicious into my body.


Comments