My Sunday Best: My First Chocolate Glazed Baked Doughnuts!!!

I am very excited to blog these little delicious babies.


I bought a doughnut pan last Christmas. I remembered the first time I saw it, I was so excited that I wanted to get it straight away. I imagined and dreamed of the many many delicious baked doughnuts that I'll make with it in so many different flavours - banana, cinnamon, red velvet, chocolate, browned butter, glazed, unglazed, sugar coated....




After coming back from my holiday, I have been holding back from baking because I wanted to cut sugar and be a good girl. I want to get back in shape again as I have gained quite a bit from my  break. I did not regret anything that I put into my body then and now. But I found it a bit difficult to get back to it. Being disciplined and eating more veggies should definitely do the trick. Today though, the gorgeous Melbourne weather is calling out to me, telling me to go and create something, so I fell back to doing what I love - baking.

Last night, I quickly found a recipe from Joy the Baker called Browned Butter Baked Doughnuts. I followed all the steps and ingredients except that I used olive oil instead of browned butter just because I was lazy. I'm sure that the browned butter will make a lot of difference in flavour. Maybe next time.

After a quick run to the store to get sprinkles and buttermilk, I got to baking right away. Oh, and btw, I'm sorry to say but I'm not a fan of sprinkles. Sometimes I think they are unnecessary except for maybe "festive" reasons. And for fun. I happily bought a tub with 4 varieties in it and used the gorgeous silver sprinkles.

The worst part of making these donuts was waiting for them to cool down enough so that I can glaze them. Apart from that, I loved every step of making these. I think for my first attempt, this was definitely a success. And note, I had a few scoops of chocolate glaze left, which I happily spread on every bite of the doughnut. Oh, happy spring day!

Comments