Coffee Moments @ Patricia Coffee Brewers, Little Bourke Street, Melbourne CBD

Confession Time! - I don't use my real name when I order my coffee. It all started from a very unpleasant coffee experience at Starbucks when I used my name and they butchered it to pieces. It came to a point that I can't be bothered to spell out my name again and again - and even if I did, they still don't get it right. I have officially given up giving my real name when I order that I shortened it shamelessly. So now, I always go by the coffee order name simply as "Chris". Sometimes, this is spelled with a K, which I don't mind. But I find that the "C" is a bit more subtle. I know some people who actually invent cool names and use that to order their coffee when they were asked for a name. 

Today though, I did the same thing but for the first time, the barista asked what Chris is short for. He's just oh so cute and he asked nicely so I told him. He said that he has a friend by the same name and I felt a bit comforted. When our order came, my real name was called instead of the usual Chris - pronounced correctly too. So today marked a very special milestone in my coffee ordering life, where I actually found a place that can pronounce and spell my name correctly.

That aside, coffee-wise, admittedly I can't fault it. It's smooth and strong - just the way I like it but admittedly, which coffee and which cafe you like in this caffeine addicted town is a matter of preference and taste. But I think my whole coffee experience was really enhanced along with very good company. I enjoyed chatting and laughing throughout sipping my coffee - I never felt more like myself. It got me thinking that it's been such a long time since I have experienced this (with the exception of family, of course). Today was just different. It made me wish that I could have more moments like these.


Patricia Coffee Brewers Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments