Breakfast Warrior: Mango and Coconut Muffins

So another week went by. But it's not without its craziness and noise. I felt the weight of a heavy responsibility on my shoulders at work and my current social life. I guess if you were given a lot to do, sooner or later you will be accountable for them. Sometimes, I really feel a lot like giving up or I want to share the responsibility but to be honest, maybe some things are just worth letting go. More just so that I can keep my sanity intact. It won't be easy to step back and watch the bad turn to worse but there are some things that you can't help out anymore. Maybe standing by the sidelines is the best thing to do.

Anyway, all that nonsense aside, I'm happy that today turned out to be a nice day. Finally, Melbourne is warming up!! It lifts up my mood instantly but today was not a walk in the park either. I had to go to the dentist to get one of my tooth filled up. I won't even talk about the details but at the moment, the anesthesia has worn off and I'm a happy camper. I want to make something chocolate really but I was always thinking of how to get rid of my leftover desiccated coconut and here it is!


This one is oh so easy. I just happen to have leftover buttermilk (I used this instead of yogurt in the recipe) in the fridge. I got frozen mango chunks because I wanted to make a healthy smoothie but that one just went out the window. I used olive oil instead of vegetable oil and then used a vanilla bean paste to amp up the warm flavor. I can't say this enough - these are really delicious. Just follow the recipe from My Lovely Little Lunchbox.

Comments