Basso 56 @ Theatre District, New York City

A pre-theatre dinner before going to see The Book of Mormon at Basso 56. The ambiance was very simple and understated but don't under-estimate the food. What we had here was probably one of the most delicious Italian meals I've had (well, I guess until I go to Italy :)).

My aunt had the special of the night - a very tender and delicious beef casserole was just melt-in-your-mouth. It will simply fall apart if you just look at it. And that mushroom risotto was made with fresh porcini mushrooms. Very luxurious and earthy. The texture of the risotto was perfect and creamy yet not too soupy.
 

My lobster crepe was just divine. One of the best dishes I've had to date. In these little pockets of soft savory crepes were lobster meat - very much like an Italian style dumpling. I thought the dish was very inventive and original. They didn't scrimp on the lobster meat. This meal was really memorable and I hope to be here again when I come back to New York.



Basso 56 Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments