Tartufata Pizza @ +39 PIzzeria, Melbourne CBD

Ever since I can remember, I've always loved pizza. From growing up, I'm used to the very commercialized chains like Pizza Hut and Domino's. There were times when I thought that Yellow Cab Pizza in Manila was the best - depending on the company, I believe I still do. With that aside, coming to Melbourne and having thin crust pizzas was a real eye opener for me.

American pizzas are overladen with toppings and cheese. I thought it went too far when they introduced the burger stuffed pizza crust. Coming over here in Melbourne, especially over at Lygon street, everyone knows a real pizzeria that they frequent to on those nights when they need a good carb overload. Don't get me wrong. I think I haven't totally converted to loving authentic Italian pizzas but I do appreciate a good slice. As of late, I prefer the thought of having little toppings on my pizza - maximum of four - not including the cheese and the tomato sauce.

I'm known among my friends as "I love +39" and I never favored a particular flavor - until I've tried their mushroom pizza. This pizza was specially made for mushroom lovers. With it's thin and light crust, there's a layer of cream of mushrooms, fresh mushrooms, topped with fresh arugula with a hint of truffle oil ($16.5). M and I also shared a lasagna ($18.5). Sorry, but I think my lasagna is still the best :P. All the pizzas can be nicely paired with any of their wines - either white, red or rose. I prefer white.


Click to add a blog post for +39 Pizzeria on Zomato

Comments