At Another's Table: Fabulous Bacon Sauce and An Almost Instant Chocolate Pie

I haven't blogged under this section for a while now. I think this one really deserves a post.

A few weekends ago, I went to D's place for lunch and an afternoon movie. We've gotten to this theme of going to each other's places to watch a movie then with lunch or dinner. We can cook or order from somewhere. This was our 3rd round.

I've known D for a while now and I've honestly, never seen her cook. Sure, we've been over for a bbq but I've never seen her actually put on something over the stove and cooked. I thought this was really special.

She made steaks and poured this luscious, creamy bacon sauce on top of them. It was delicious. Let me say it again - delicious. Unfortunately I didn't get the recipe but believe me, everything on that plate was wiped clean.




Aside from that, she made an apple streudel for our afternoon tea and a chocolate pie with the crust made from oreo cookies. I could not stop taking photos of the pie. It was so beautiful. And to think that she didn't bake it. It was a refrigerator pie. So awesome. Granted it was very sweet but it's really nice with a cup of coffee. We weren't able to devour all of it, a slice was just nice and rich.


Comments