This Sunday Morning @ Sardi, Church Street, Hawthorn

I have a new routine every Saturday morning. I attend a booty barre class at the Melbourne Pilates Method Studio. It's been a long long while since I've attended an aerobics class or the gym, simple because I never liked to sweat. How I managed to keep myself in a good body size and weight is due to a disciplined regime of healthy organic eating and most days, especially recently, I fail. I promised myself I will get on track and soon.
The studio is a 10-12 minute brisk walk from my place and I always pass by Sardi. Ever since it opened, it was always always busy. After  few months, I've read a few reviews about it and how good the food is. Today, I got up early on this freezing morning, got dressed and walked over to Sardi.

Instantly, the coffee was good. They have updated their menu and removed the single origin coffee option. I thought it was still there and said that I'd like the single origin coffee. I overheard the barista said, "what?" and those 2 words were quickly dismissed. But when I got my latte, it was nice and creamy. I would say it's almost next to Naked Espresso-good. Almost.

Click to add a blog post for Sardi on ZomatoFood-wise, I had the pea and haloumi fritters and smoked salmon, smashed avocado and watercress. It was a very generous serving of 3 fritters. The outside had a nice crunch to it and not too salty. There were pump, luscious peas in every bite encased in a light cake-y savory batter. The ratio of smoked salmon to fritter was just right with grilled cherry tomatoes. I thought the smashed avocado was too zesty, other than that, it surpassed my expectations.


Comments