Friday Lunch @ Bar Lourinha, Little Collins St, Melbourne CBD

What a delicious Friday lunch at Bar Lourinha today. I'm so happy we came. The place indeed is small and a bit cramped but there's always room for one more person. We had the $30 lunch with an extra $5 for an alcoholic drink (a manzanilla or a beer). Note - I really liked the way the bartender engaged us in short chats around food without being overly intrusive. Funny how much he overheard - goes to show even walls have ears!

For starters, we had the smoked trout and the croquettes with aioli. The smoked trout on this light crisp bread was the clear winner.


Click to add a blog post for Bar Lourinhã on Zomato


For entrees - we had the pulled pork with lima beans and the prawn tortilla. What can I say? I liked them both. If I had to pick, the prawn tortilla was my favorite. Ok. It's not really a tortilla but it was bursting with awesome prawn flavor. With its creamy centre and a luscious aioli - it won me over.


For dessert, we had the almond joy - fried rice pudding with a custard sauce. I'm not sure if I liked this or not and I think I would enjoy it more of the rice pudding was not fried. But that said, I still think that you can make anything better if you fry it.


Comments