Dessert @ Om Nom Kitchen and Dessert Bar, Adelphi Hotel, Flinders Lane, Melbourne CBD

Let's talk about Monday and desserts. My typical Mondays at work are usually, well, hellish. But I'm happy to report that today was not as bad as it's used to be. I pretty much breezed through it and was able to finish more than I thought I would. Granted, that there will always be work left for tomorrow to tackle but at least it's not a huge mountain to climb anymore.


M and I were talking about our weekends, when she mentioned that her friend went to a restaurant with very mouth-watering looking DESSERTS. I love desserts myself and I make sure that I always save room til the end of every meal for something sweet. I was sort of telling M that maybe we should do it on a Friday night but she was as excited as I am, so we booked a seat at 12:30 on the spot.


After a very quick lunch, we both headed out to Adelphi Hotel. The place was extremely quiet but I liked the ambiance at Om Nom. It's moody but eclectic, a combination of modern and retro. I just think that the tables were too close together. Beware that the sofas actually swings! So hold on to someone or else you're bound to break something on the table.


M and I had 2 desserts - the Raspberry Fields ($25) and the Schwarzwalder Kirschtorte ($25). We both loved the mushroom looking treat with the raspberry sorbet. I thought it was very whimsical and inventive. The lychees were fresh and not from the can. I love love that pop of lychee juice in a jelly looking blob.






The cherry chocolate torte however, although good but because Melbourne is a chocolate loving city, I think you can find a better smoother chocolate mousse elsewhere. I'm also looking for that very intense chocolate cherry flavour but it lacked that too. Aesthetically pleasing but taste-wise I wish there's more chocolate there.

  Click to add a blog post for Om Nom Kitchen & Dessert Bar - Adelphi Hotel on Zomato

Comments