A Delicious Quest @ Tall Timber, Commercial Rd, Prahran

A rather quirky and adventurous trip led me to have brunch at Tall Timber. This cafe is sort of out of the way considering there are a lot of brunch options along Chapel Street. Stepping into the small cafe, it was quite cozy and I got a spot close to the heater, thank goodness!

I immediately ordered food because being the glutton that I am, I already looked at the menu and decided on what I wanted the night before. Yea, that's me.

Simply put, I liked the Timber's Benedict, specifically the hollandaise. I just wished that the sauce has a bit more body and not too loose. The slow cooked pulled pork was a really nice mix of the tough and the melt-in-your-mouth bits. The portion was very generous. The toast was oh so crunchy and buttery. I thought I was going to miss the english muffin, but did not even give it a second thought. This was really their own version of an egg benedict but honestly, it was like an original. Another comment was that the green apple matchsticks that were sliced thinly were a bit brown already - which had me thinking that they had it prepped and out for a good few hours and did not use acidulated water to "preserve them". Small things that would have elevated the dish to "awesome" but did not compromise the taste.


  Click to add a blog post for Tall Timber on Zomato

Comments