This Week's Food Trips

I've been eating out a lot last week. Partly because I've gotten lazy and wasn't up for cooking anything healthy. Sadly, I've succumbed to having food delivered too for convenience. I tried ordering something green and leafy but I realised most of the food out there are not like that. Also recently I'm always looking for something hearty and flavorful - like stews or casseroles or pies. I've gone downhill a bit. I'll try to get on track again this week. I have cauliflower and carrots roasting in the oven. And I got 2 huge pieces of schnitzels from Bertie's. I'm making a nice mushroom gravy to go with it. I think it's not to shabby for a lazy cook.

Last week, M and I went to Hakata Gensuke. There was a queue even on a weekday. We waited for 10 minutes. Ordered quickly, served quickly, ate then left. Service was prompt and friendly. I liked it. Reminds me of Hong Kong and how quick the service was. If you're there for a bit of a chit-chat, it is going to be a bit difficult. Once a customer arrives, everyone in the kitchen and the staff will greet you. If you get distracted easily, you won't be able to finish your conversation. The food though, is another matter. I love the ramen here. I had the signature ramen ($13). First thing I loved was the soup. I rarely drink the soup from other noodle places just because it lacked flavor and it was simply too bland. This one has left me thinking about the soup and that I want to come back for more of it.

Click to add a blog post for Hakata Gensuke on Zomato

On a Friday night, P and I went to see Jurassic World. I miss going to the movies. And I shamelessly go by myself on Mondays at the Kino. Why not? I like the coziness of the theatre. It's not too crowded. The only thing I don't like is waiting for the movie to start. Other than that, No complaints there. Before the movie, we went to The Grand Traiiler Park Taverna for burgers. I had the Francis Underwood ($16). This is simply a heart stopping meal. A burger pattie with a fried mac and cheese. I told myself that this is something that I'll have every other year. If you can handle the calories, go for this one. P and I agreed that Babbu's burgers are better.

Click to add a blog post for The Grand Trailer Park Taverna on Zomato

Saturday rolls by and I met up with my cousin and his wife. We went to a buffet called Famous Hot Pot. I haven't had this for a long long while,, My friends are believers that you don't go to a restaurant where you have to cook your own food, so I almost never went. This, though I admit, was fun for me. I guess this is really a family oriented meal. You need a group to do this - share a pot of hot soup and cook different meats, veggies and starches. I enjoyed myself. It was $29 per person for the buffet from 12pm to 9:30pm. You can choose from 3 soup bases. We chose the spicy and the mushroom. Honestly, it was not bad at all but it was very basic. I don't think this should be complicated in the first place. We had 3 rounds of food and we were stuffed afterwards. I think this is worth a repeat.


Click to add a blog post for Famous Hotpot on Zomato

Comments