My Test Kitchen: Chicken and Dumplings from Joy The Baker

It's no secret that I really like Joy The Baker's blog. I recently bought her cookbook and made a few sweet things from it. It's one of my go-to dessert database if I want something decadent and that extra sugar rush.

Admittedly, I haven't made anything savory from her collection so when she posted a Chicken and Dumplings recipe AND considering it's autumn here down under, why not make it?

Sorry to soup fans out there but I'm not a fan of soups. I think they are fussy and I have to wait for a few hours in order to have soup! I also found that I rarely get full from soups and I need a substantial meal. This one though, is a really good meal and a satisfying one too. It is hearty and rich. It was lip smackingly good - especially the dumplings made from buttermilk. MMM.....

I was my first time to make non-Asian dumplings and I found these very odd indeed. But very tasty too. I will definitely be making this again.

You might also notice that my dish wasn't very...well...soupy. Yea, that's just me.

I followed her recipe to the letter except the onion, I used leeks instead. Joy mentioned to not hoard the dumplings to yourself - that's the advantage of living alone *wink. This is good for 4-5 meals and I already have one stashed in the fridge ready for work tomorrow. Sweet!

Comments