An Inspired Variation: Pumpkin Seed and Cranberry Buttermilk Muffins

I'm back!!! And hoped you missed me.
Man, you have no idea how crazy last month has been. Hopefully it's going to get better.

April started as a hectic work month for me with a few new things and projects starting up. Trust me, having an 8 hour desk job isn't exactly thrilling or glamorous but I would like to think that I'm doing something adventurous and I'm learning new skills everyday. Most days it's really about staying true to myself without being too stressed out. And also, getting things done and on time. It's a struggle and something that I have to work on daily.

On the personal side, there's a consequence to living away from family - that is when you know that they need you the most - even if it is just a hug, you are physically too far away. I have weekly chat sessions with my family who are literally dotted all around the world. Thank goodness for technology and the Internet - it kept us together. It's awesome to know that we always have each other for support and advise. Even if sometimes the conversations get too...convoluted, I can feel the love. And I'm thankful for that everyday.

Can you believe that I talked myself into not baking for two weeks?? Well, I decided that I should bake today and put my energy into this delicious baked buttermilk muffin.

The recipe is adapted from Sew Kitchen's Buttermilk and Brown Sugar Muffins. I stayed true to the dry ingredients but changed the oil to toasted pumpkin seed oil, the brown sugar to coconut sugar, added 1 tsp of cinnamon and dried cranberries. Don't fret if you don't have pumpkin seed oil, I'm sure any other nut oil or flavored oil like orange infused olive oil will work great too.

Comments