Top Notch @ Top Paddock, Church St, Richmond

I know that Top Paddock is old news but it is no secret that this place is very very popular among Melburnians. I've been following some blogs and of course, Urbanspoon reviews. I've always wondered why it rated so high. It's really simply because of the food.

A few months ago, I browsed through their menu and since then I've been obsessing about this dish ever since - soft shell crab roll. You have to taste this to understand why. I know it is still early in the year but this is one of the best brunch dishes I've had in a long long time.












A friend and I ordered the two most popular items on the menu - the blueberry and ricotta hotcake ($18) and the soft shell crab roll ($21). The servings were very generous and it's reasonable to share. But perhaps next time, I will be greedy and just have the roll to myself. Hahaha!

The roll was lightly battered and cooked just right. Not too salty and was very crispy. It was a tempura style soft shell crab with microgreens and a light creamy dressing in a buttery brioche bun. Need I say more?

I really could not fault anything and I'm not even going to try. This place has a very vibrant and upbeat atmosphere. The food was served quick and coffee was not too strong (but of course, I like strong coffee and because I live in Melbourne, there's always a better coffee place, right?).

Happy Easter!


Top Paddock on Urbanspoon

Comments