Because it's Easter - A Chocolate and Sweets Trip @ South Yarra

Blueberry/lemon and Triple Berry ($8.50 each)
 cake slices at Pana Chocolate
I had a really good day yesterday and it was truly well spent. I know this is supposed to be a food blog (I'll get to the food later) but in a way, this is also an online journal for me. As much as I can, I try not to put too much personal and work stuff in here so that I can put focus on the food. But they say that the best food is often shared.

So here we go. Yesterday I recently made friend and I took a day off from work to go on a foodie trip (see my post on Top Paddock). Thank goodness she loves sweet things and dessert, I can drag someone along with me to places that I'd like to try. For our "trip", we met up at South Yarra and of course, no sweet trip is complete without going to Zumbo. Because it's Easter, they had chocolate and cherry hot cross buns - leave it to them to be creative with flavors. I had to hold myself back because I was saving my pennies for something else.

Next stop was Burch and Purchese. God, this is such a delicious place. When they first opened, I just have to make a stop here every time I'm in the area, sort of like a temple. I have to pay homage to their salted caramel and delicious granola...and ice cream...and chocolate mousse...

We also stopped by Ganache, because I think they have the best hot chocolate - salted caramel flavored of course. I always get their dark chocolate covered orange peels that - yes - I shamelessly eat all by myself. I don't share. Not this one.

Finally, Pana Chocolate. I cannot tell you how many times I wanted to stop by here. The moment you step into this shop, you smell one thing - chocolate. This shop is just oozing with that scent that I'm wondering if they can bottle it and sell it as a room spray. I picked up 2 cake slices - blueberry/lemon and triple berry. These were just small bites but they pack a punch! I like the triple berry. My friend was actually surprised that something that small could be so expensive. I tend to agree with her. I think this is more of an indulgence than an everyday treat. But it's worth to try at least once.

  Pana Chocolate on Urbanspoon

Comments