Oldie but Goodie @ Mamasita, Melbourne CBD

Chargrilled Sweet Corn
An oldie but a goodie, that's Mamasita. The food and service are reliable and fast. It's like fast food but with class. The service is still one of the best experiences I've had - helpful, friendly, intimate without being gawky. There are always interesting items to try on the menu and actually, quite a lot has changed since I've been 3 years ago.

Perhaps the only thing I did not like about it was how noisy the establishment gets after a few hours into eating. It felt like I was in a club and I had to yell across the table to my friend. Thank goodness we were not speaking in English and can speak freely in our native language, otherwise, some secrets will be heard and we really don't want that. Trust me on this.

Braised Zucchini Flower Tamale

Back to the food. There are two items you must order from this restaurant - the Elote callejero (chargrilled sweet corn) and flan de chocolate y naranja (chocolate orange flan with praline).

If you want to try something strange from the menu - get the Tamal de flor de calabaza - the braised zucchini flower tamale. It was tasty and very carby. It will fill you up. At first, it tasted a bit bland to me but the more I taste it, the more I crave for another bite of it. I told you it was strange.


Mamasita on Urbanspoon

Comments